13 April 2010

This is much...

... more the way I like it. Don't get me wrong... I liked the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Ming City, but outdoors and sports are where I feel much more at home.

A very quick update, but I promise photos this week (hopefully I'll manage) :)

1) From Ho Chi Ming City I headed to Dalat which was superb. Rented motobikes and enjoyed the magnificent roads which are still under construction and suddenly turn from an empty "highway" to a proper badly maintained dirt road. Dalat is the place of veg, flowers and coffee for Vietnam.
2) Went canyoning and although the canyoning there means less water sliding than in Slovenia it involves a lot more adrenalin. Huge waterfalls with loads of waters, big jumps... you'll see what I mean when I get a chance to put up photos.
3) Cycled most of the way from Dalat to Nha Trang (total is 140km, I did the first (the hard) 95 km). Brilliant scenery (mountains - yes, yes, up and down; coffee plantations; small villages with children running with the bike) but I was shattered at the end... heat did not help one bit :P
4) Met Pete and Freyja in Nha Trang and after a relaxing day we went diving together. Much better diving than Cambodia... nice corals and fish and amazing caves with swim through passages.
5) Night bus to Hoi An. Charming old town which seduces with its calmness and friendlines. I think I'll stick here for a couple of days.
6) Hoi An is also the place of tailors... it is good that I got rid of most of my suits and shirts before I left... For those who've been shopping with me before you know how peculiar I am about what I want. Now I can get it! And cheap! I just have to control myself in order not to get way too much stuff :)

No comments: