19 April 2010

As my dear friend says...

... sometimes the air valve faces up and sometimes it faces down (I know, I know... even most Slovenians will find it strange :)).

The days in Hanoi were up and down... after the initial news that my parents are delayed I spent the evening with Pete and Freyja before they departed for Bangkok. Bia Hoi (15p for one) on the side of street with the small chairs spilling out to the crossroads. But the joy is often interupted by passing of the police as everybody has to pick up their chair and cram on the pavement. But hey, minute later everything is back to normal. We ended a night in a lock in bar and then tried to find our way back home. In the end we all three took one cyclo with Pete sharing the driver's seat with the guy and draging his feet on the ground.
The next day was spent searching for updates about the big bad vulcano and it's ashes and ended in the decision that family isn't coming to visit. When the decision was made final it was the first time that I felt alone. I walked out of the crowded and noisy internet hallway towards the room feeling rather lousy. But I didn't have to walk long until an old guy called me back for tea by the side of street. A fascinating guy who travelled most of the world and also knew how to curse in Serbian. Had a couple of cups of tea with him and a phone call from UK my spirits were once more up and wanting more. Speaking with the guy it turns out that he called after me because of my "happy pants" or "clown monthly trousers" or whatever you want to call them... photos to follow in the next batch :)

It's a big shame that family didn't make it but there is nothing any of us could do about it. C'est la vie and I'm heading to Sapa on the night train.

And to finish a story on how to outweasel a weasel :D I was buying weasel coffee which is quite expensive and it is quite difficult not to get piiiiiip. But since I'm used to eating coffee beans I played the role of an expert, took a bean and ate it. Hmm... not quite the right quality is it? He smiled, brought a different vase from behind the counter and gave me a lower price than quoted for the previous one straight away. We had a cup in his shop and it was good.

1 comment:

Andraž said...

"sometimes the air valve faces up and sometimes it faces down"

true, true...:D
Everytime, when the wheel spins...:D