06 April 2010

Let the games...

... begin!

Ho Chi Ming City ( or Saigon - depending which Vietnamese you are speaking with) is one of the most bustling cities I have been in. Cambodia had empty roads comparing with this. But crossing roads here is much easier... you just walk very slowly across and they avoid you. Simples. :)

The other game is called "How many scams will they try to get you into today" and you really need to be on the ball all the time if you are alone. If you are with other people there is no problem. But the moment I'm alone I get people next to me trying to convince me 100 different things - from being part of gambling scam in Saigon and then on the boat going to Hanoi, to taking some strange one day trip and buying medicine. And also the moment I started walking around alone again I strated being offered drugs. :)

I'm spending one more day here and then hopefully the intensity will decrease and things will go back to a more relaxed state. Not that I don't like it... but it is just a bit too intense for my current state of mind. :) But otherwise I love it. It has everything to offer and it is surprisingly clean and developed. Replace motobikes with cars and street stalls with trash cans and you could almost be in a hot western city.

P.S.: I splashed out and bought a camera! Bought same as I had before and paid for it the same as more than one year ago in London.... amazing... and no, I didn't overpay it comparing with locals! :o

Mum, thanks for correction of my number :D

No comments: